Ards Forest Park
A visit to Ards Forest Park will reward everyone at any time of the year. The park covers approximately 480 hectares (1200 acres) and includes a variety of habitats, among them sand dunes, beaches, salt marshes, saltwater lakes, rock face and, of course, coniferous and deciduous woodlands.
Walks: There are nine trails to choose from, including
- Salt Marsh Trail (0.5kms, multi-access, 1hr).
- Sand Dune Trail (1.0km, multi-access, 1.5hrs).
- Nature Trail (1.5kms, 1.0hr, easy)
- Red Trail (13.0kms, 4hrs, strenuous).
- Green Walk ( 3.5kms, 1.5hrs, easy)
- Yellow Walk (4.0kms, 1.5hrs, easy)
- Marine Trail (2.5kms, 1.0hr, easy)
- Heritage trail (5.0kms, 2.0hrs, moderate).
- Binngorm Trail (3.5kms, 2.0hrs, strenuous).
Cycling – some of the longer trails are great for off-road cycling with the children.
Play: Let the kids run free on a playground located on a sandy surface near the sea.
Explore nature: Visit the bird hide located on the Saltmarsh trail and see the winter visitors, or follow the nature or heritage trail.
The Coffee Tree is a family-run Coffee and Snack outlet aiming to provide an enhanced visitor experience to the beautiful Ards Forest Park. Indoor and outdoor seating is available and is open all year.
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.