Malin Head Community Centre
The community centre, a modern purpose-built facility completed in 2011, envelopes the original St Mary’s Hall erected in 1912 and a subsequent extension completed in 1977. The dedication manifest “Priests & People United”, while superseded under the current constitution, serves as an acknowledgement of our shared rural heritage and a reminder of the importance of parish halls as a community hub in twentieth-century Ireland.
To establish, promote and drive community development programmes which focus on social, economic and cultural projects as a catalyst for regeneration in Malin Head and surrounding areas.
- Provides a resource centre and programmes aimed at encouraging and promoting enterprise, creativity and innovation, supporting the work of existing community groups, services, businesses and initiatives.
- Facilitates workshops and training schemes for the promotion of art, music, creative writing and other cultural activities in the promotion of local talent and tourism.
- Encourages training in community development, leadership, organisational skills, social analysis and innovation for the benefit of the entire community.
The Centre is also the location of the fantastic Wild Strands Cafe
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.